THE 43RD ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL TRUMPET GUILD CONFERENCE
THE HYATT REGENCY • SAN ANTONIO • MAY 29 THROUGH JUNE 2, 2018
The trumpet preludes at the annual ITG Conference present wonderful opportunities for students to perform on an international stage for an audience of their peers and musical heroes.
Throughout the duration of the conference, most artist and clinic sessions will be preceded by a trumpet prelude performance. These performances are to be tasteful and respectful (both in content and in presentation) for a diverse audience.
The total duration (including setup and tear down) must not exceed 10 minutes. The musical selection(s) should last no more than 8 minutes to accommodate all necessary stage entrances/exits/changes.
All performers must be registered conference attendees. Professional and/or community ensembles are encouraged to apply, but preference will be given to student groups if the number of applications exceeds the number of available slots.
APPLICATION PROCESS WILL OPEN ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2018
– Recordings of prelude selections to be performed at the conference are required for the application to be complete. Recordings should be sent to the prelude coordinator via YouTube, Dropbox, or email. If sending audio recordings only, please make sure the file is in mp3 format.
– Only completed applications will be reviewed for invitation to the conference.
– Application does not guarantee acceptance.
Deadlines and Invitation
– It is highly recommended that ensembles apply as soon as possible, especially if requesting funds from an institution.
– Upon successful completion of the application, the ensemble director will be notified of their formal invitation within two weeks in order to facilitate funding requests and make travel arrangements.
– Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until all slots have been filled, or until the deadline date.
– If the ensemble plans to commission a work to be performed at ITG as a prelude, a recording of the ensemble playing that selection must be received by the prelude coordinator prior to the application deadline.
– No applications will be accepted after February 1, 2018.
Prelude Scheduling Information
– It is not possible at this time to determine the schedule for prelude ensembles.
– If members of the ensemble will only be attending the conference on a few select days, please inform the prelude coordinator of these details after the ensemble has been invited to perform and well before the conference begins.
– Each invited ensemble will be allotted at least 60 minutes of rehearsal time on the performance day or one day prior to performance. Not all rehearsals will be able to take place in the performance venue—please be flexible.
– Invited ensembles will be notified of their rehearsal and performance times several weeks before the conference.
*ITG will not be able to provide ensembles with recordings or photographs of the ensemble from the ITG Conference. Please make your own arrangements to record and photograph your ensemble.